- Kimberley is located in the southeastern corner of British Columbia, Canada.
- The most proximate city centres are Calgary, AB, Spokane WA, and Cranbrook, BC.
There are two tremendously scenic options to get to Kimberley from most parts of Alberta. Regardless of which route you take, both travel through the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- Option #1: Take Hwy 3 & Crowsnest Pass through Fernie and Cranbrook
- Option #2: take Hwy 1 & Hwy 95 from Banff and the Kootenay National Park through Radium and Fairmont, BC
From Vancouver & BC’s Okanagan
There are two general options to get to Kimberley from most parts of British Columbia.
- Option #1: Take Hwy 3 (scenic route) through Grand Forks, Castlegar, and Nelson, BC.
- Option #2: Take Hwy 1 through Revelstoke and Golden, BC.
From Spokane WA
Take the 1-90 E to Coeur D'Alene, then the US -95 N to Cranbrook, in Cranbrook take highway 95A to Kimberley
- Calgary 400km/249 miles (4.5 hrs)
- Spokane 330km/205 miles (4 hrs)
- Cranbrook 30 km/19 miles (20 mins)
- Vancouver 875 km/544 miles (xx hrs)
The recent expansion of the Cranbrook Airport – renamed the Canadian Rockies International Airport (or YXC), allows quick and easy access to and from Kimberley from Calgary and Vancouver.
Daily flights from Calgary International Airport and the Vancouver International Airport are available through Air Canada and Pacific Coastal Airlines:
Delta Airlines offers weekly jet service (Saturdays) to the Canadian Rockies International Airport (or YXC) with 20 connections to major American cities:
For information on the Canadian Rockies International Airport (or YXC):
Directions in Kimberley:
In Kimberley, follow signs to “Ski Area” along Gerry Sorenson Way. Continue past ski village base area and Purcell Rocky Mountain condominiums. Northstar Mountain Village Resort is on your right. Northstar Mountain Village's address is 1351 Gerry Sorensen Way Kimberley BC.